2. Capernaum, yes, your place Son of God, but let’s just check. Perhaps you recognise this old fisherman guiding his boat to the shore..
1. Reuben Barezra, of my parents’ generation, a fine man! But….
1. He died three years ago, in the prime of life. I helped to bury him, so….
2. Indeed, you’re right, we’ve gone back a few years in time. We can’t interfere of course, but we can observe
2. A cry of pain, Son of God? Perhaps you’ve seen someone else you know….
1. Yes, there is pain, but also sweetness..
2. You’re looking at Rachel, daughter of Isaac the blacksmith, a fiery young woman certainly, and very beautiful, oh and who is this young man who joins her on the lakeside road?
2. She smiles at him as he walks beside her, and slips her arm through his…
1. Enough! That’s enough, terrible spirit. Yes, I loved her.
1. No, “love”, in truth, I love her still although she’s married to a good man, and has a child.
2. So why did you reject her?
1. I didn’t reject her. I asked her forgiveness for the way I’d chosen which I couldn’t invite her to share…
2.Why not? Isn’t that the focus of your message, imviting people to follow you, imcluding women.
1. How could I ask people to leave their family lives, if I travelled with my wife?
2. So you deprived yourself and her.
1. Yes, some people make themselves eunuchs for the sake of God’s kingdom.
2.The damage you’ve done to yourself, you’ll do to others…
1. Damage, Spirit?
2. Because you choose to be celibate, you throw a shadow on the body, on sexuality, yes and even on women, which some of your followers will appreciate, and make darker. They will say that in order to be perfect, they must follow your example.
1.Those who know me will know my love of the body, of the joining of flesh, and of my sisters; those who do not know me but speak in my name, speak only for themselves.
2. But if, out of respect for your celibacy, vast numbers of both men and women, leave flesh amd family to live holy lives away from the temptations of the world, you’ll approve their rejection of God’s gifts?
1. It is a damned lie that we must all enjoy all good things at all times. Sometimes our fight for goodness means foregoing enjoyment in order to be free for the battle.
2.But still, Son of God, you long for your Rachel in your heart…and flesh…
1. Yes. I’d be inhuman not to.